RICHMOND CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER
Richmond, Virginia, State And Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer — I Know How High The Stakes Are
Traffic tickets, DUI, misdemeanor offenses and felony charges in state or federal court all have one thing in common: Your reputation, your future and possibly your freedom are at stake. You know how high the stakes are for you and your family. Make sure your attorney does, too.
Extensive Experience Representing Adults, College Students And Juveniles
I am criminal defense lawyer John W. Luxton in Richmond, Virginia. I have been practicing in the area of state and federal criminal defense law for more than 38 years. I served as a substitute judge for more than 15 years, which gave me the opportunity to learn and observe the criminal justice system from all perspectives. This insight benefits me as I defend people accused of misdemeanor and felony offenses.
Individuals of all ages, economic classes, educational backgrounds and ethnicities can find themselves charged with crimes. Juveniles and college students who make poor decisions because of immaturity or peer pressure can ruin their futures with criminal convictions. Older individuals can easily be separated from their families or employment by making ill-advised decisions. There is something good in all of us and all of us make mistakes. Also, individuals are occasionally falsely accused of criminal acts, mistakenly identified as a participant in a crime, or are victims of a poor investigation or rush to judgment by authorities.
My cases are never the same. Each has a unique person confronting the power of the government in a confusing criminal justice system. Everyone has constitutional rights to protect them from unlawful governmental conduct. An experienced attorney is there to protect you to the best of his ability.
Call me if you are under investigation or have already been arrested and charged with any kind of criminal offense in the Richmond metropolitan area or throughout eastern Virginia. My experience includes:
- Drug offenses: Including misdemeanor and felony state and federal narcotics offenses
- College student crimes: I have represented students attending every college or university in the region.
- DUI defense and traffic violations: Including multiple-offense DUI and vehicular assault charges arising from a DUI accident
- Federal offenses: Including legal counsel during grand jury investigations and in cases involving narcotics and alleged violations of any federal statute
- Violent crimes: Including sexual assault, domestic assault, homicide and weapon offenses
- Post-conviction relief: I can also help you expunge your arrest record.
Call An Experienced Richmond Criminal Defense Attorney
I represent clients charged with criminal offenses and traffic violations in state and federal courts in Richmond, Henrico County, Chesterfield County and Hanover County and throughout eastern Virginia. Call me at 800-643-0147 or use the convenient email contact form to schedule a free consultation and case evaluation.